Wednesday 3 March 2021



Dear Owners of Unley

I sent out my newsletter in ignorance.  How silly are our SA laws? In Victoria, ACT, NT and Tasmania you can ride an approved e-scooter limited like our hire scooters to 10 KPH.

Can I ride my own e-scooter?

You can only ride your privately owned e-scooter on private property - not on roads, footpaths or other public spaces. Otherwise, you may use the e-scooters owned by the operators permitted in each trial, as per applicable rules and restrictions.

If you are caught riding an e-scooter not approved for this trial you may be fined for driving an unregistered and uninsured motor vehicle $1,232.00

 With only 2,000 receiving my regular email quarterly newsletter this newsletter is being distributed to every house hold and postbox across Unley. 

We have a range of policies actions and expenditure proposals coming to final consultation I believe will shape life in our City. We are looking for community feedback and involvement in shaping our out future direction. 

Ros and I are paying for 20,000 coloured printed copies and distribution across Unley with two post codes by Australia Post and our grand children and I delivering the balance.





No comments:

Post a Comment